[DeTomaso] Scorpion Roller Rockers

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Mar 27 16:48:12 EDT 2009

In a message dated 3/27/09 12:35:07 PM, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> The roller rockers I source from Ford Racing, look nearly identical
> to these, except they are stamped with Ford and the ratio.  Could it be they are
> sourced the same?
> For(d) Racing is usually a bit more pricey as well.

Ford's racing divisions seldom build anything non-production, so its possible
they simply tested the parts for acceptable quality, analyzed the probable
demand and added a nominal mark-up for stocking the stuff on their dealer
shelves. For instance, my 1980s-vintage SVO Ford racing cylinder heads were actually
cast (and maybe machined) by Alan Root Engineering. Dunno who makes the
current 'Yates' heads but I doubt its Yates- or Ford. FWIW-J Deryke