[DeTomaso] California Historic Plates-BUT

David in Durango adin at frontier.net
Thu Mar 26 13:32:42 EDT 2009

Dang, no mention of HPDEs???

Never the less, it applies to all the junk in my driveway.  I might use some
of these "museum pieces" [1] for other things, but that is the primary
reason I have them.  No, really!  The quoted section says you have to do
that stuff, but doesn't say you can't do other stuff, too. (I coulda been a
lawyer, but heard drunks will actually brake to avoid a bum in the road.)

this is all, yaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnn, theorectical since there is
little chance I'll ever reside in the golden state, much less come down off
my mountain. [2]

So, play by the rules or play another game.  My favorite riddle:  Why is
love like thermonuclear war?  The only winning move is not to play.

David, having a snowy day "in the mountains above Durango" (with no doubt
the dumbshits in Denver will eventuallly follow Calif. and make me an
outlaw)

[1]  Famouse story in Moab and among VW enthusists . . Tom Tom had a yard
full of pretty much used up VW stuff.  Used up but rare.  Maybe I should say
"rare" - at any rate, Tom Tom was busted by the authorities for running a
salvage yard.  When Tom Tom explained (and showed the new sign) that this
wasn't a salvage yard but a "Museum"  he was allowed to continue.

[2] All the artsy types here in town like to say they live "in the mountains
above Durango" - unless you are a fish in the river you HAVE to live "in the
mountains above Durango."  Wankers.