[DeTomaso] Holley Strip vs Street dominator question

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Mar 25 20:28:17 EDT 2009

In a message dated 3/25/09 15 38 32, rimov at charter.net writes:

> What the difference between the Holley strip dominator and the street
> dominator other than the port size 4v(strip) and 2v(street). Is  there a low rise
> single plain manifold that stands out over the others?  There is a street
> dominator for a 351c for sale locally. Thought it might be interesting to
> compare it to my Weiand X 2v.

Others who know far more will probably chime in with much better information.
  But from what I understand, the strip dominator is a tall tarantula-style
single-plane intake, whereas the street dominator is an
Edelbrock-performer-style low-rise intake.   I don't know if it's single- or dual-plane.

I believe that the strip dominator has a reputation for being the
best-performing 351C intake, all around, whereas the street dominator is only so-so,
bested by several competitors.

Paging Dan Jones! :>)