[DeTomaso] Holley Strip vs Street dominator question

Thomas Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Thu Mar 26 01:07:22 EDT 2009

I was looking for a Strip Dominator and switched my preference to the Blue Thunder 4145 dual plane manifold.
The Strip Dominator is out of production and is pretty tough to find and will end up costing you USED
around $500. The Blue Thunder can be found at a few of the Pantera vendors new for right at $400 (it was listed on Pantera East)
Yes the Strip Dominator makes the most horsepower(per a post by on this forum from Dan Jones).
But it doesn't make it max torque until 5000 rpm. There was a test done about 10 years ago on a Cleveland (I forget the cubic inches)
and as I recall the motor had over 12 to 1 compression and all sorts of other mods...far from stock but the number were interesting.
The Blue Thunder makes some very good numbers but shifts the max torque down over 1200 rpms. It depends on what you want.
I will try and find the whole article and copy to the forum...it looked at quite a few manifolds.

The Holley Strip Dominator
435 ft lbs of torque at 5000 rpm
498 hp at 6250 rpm

The Blue Thunder 4145 dual plane
425 ft lbs of torque at 3750 rpm
490 hp at 6250 rpm

You give up a little on both numbers with the Blue Thunder but it appears to be more usable power.

Best regards,

Tom Borcich