[DeTomaso] Vacuum Hose attachment side port plugged with rubber?

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 24 12:33:35 EDT 2009

So I took off the threaded barbed fitting that allows the hose to attach to the intake.  It has a 3 mm or so side port that was not attached to anything and appears to be plugged with some type or rubber?  It is not welded shut but actually has a rubber adhesive I could pick off with a flick of the thumb.

Is this normal?  I would prefer a piece that has no side port and cant cause my brakes to give out should this piece of glue fall off.
Is there a device that should be running off the side port?

Thanks
Clay