[DeTomaso] GTS "mini "air dam

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Mar 24 03:12:53 EDT 2009

In a message dated 3/23/09 21 18 10, fresnofinches at aol.com writes:

> I just happen to have an uninstalled example of the Quella ABS
> no-holes GTS spoiler sitting in the garage.
>
>>>...which, to be clear, is NOT the GTS mini air dam that we're talking
about.   There is much confusion surrounding the two.   Both are excellent, and
probably about as effective as each other, but they look very different.

What you have, and are talking about, is the original 1972 spoiler, which was
simply a flat blade angled at about 45 degrees.   The mini air dam came into
being about 1975, and looks completely different.   I happen to prefer the
latter on aesthetic grounds, but either one is an excellent addition to any
Pantera--particularly one whose front valance has been bashed into curbs, as it's
much cheaper than fixing it!

> It is less than $100 delivered, and will hold up to a lot more abuse
> than any of the fiberglass examples.
>
> It is simple, subtle and effective.? Highly recommended.
>
>>>Indeed!
>
> For a full collection of photos, go to this album at the new POCA website:
>
> http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=4867

Very nice!   In fact your car is the one I use when showing people what the
original spoiler looks like....