[DeTomaso] GTS "mini "air dam

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 24 13:36:03 EDT 2009

Ask yourself the question, "do you need it or just want it for syling purposes.

FWIW on my street Pantera I ran my 1st and 2nd ORR's at SilverState and the NORC with 'NO' added spoiler or air dam averaging 140 &145 MPH and hitting 160-165 in the straights.

My seat of the pants impression was the front end was  light for anything sustained above 140 mph. I next tried Quella's mini-air dam or spoiler and it helped but still wasn't enough down force above 150.

I then bought the same air dam Precision Proformance, Pantera Parts Connection and Hall sell but they need work and a allot of reinforcement to be effective at "sustained" speeds above 140. I had a local shop add approximately 2" to the bottom and a 2.5" splitter, glassed in the holes for driving lights/ducted air.  These minor mods really do the job. Two years ago I also added a vented (ala GT) front hood which was intended for cooling and no doubt also has some added benefit in reducing front end lift. It would have been more effective to cut out the front end bulkhead and move it back about 6-8" but as Dick Drenske stood ready with torch in hand I screamed
"DON'T DO IT I NEED THAT LUGGAGE SPACE"

58 Days until the NORC!

Mad Dawg Antenucci
Team Pantera Racing