[DeTomaso] New Pantera owner on Long Island

wkooiman at earthlink.net wkooiman at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 23 19:57:26 EDT 2009

It sounds an awful lot like the electric choke not working at all.  Maybe that's why it was wired open.

The electric choke is pretty simple.  If you send 12v to the choke wire, you should see it open in about 3-5 minutes.  You don't even need to start the engine.  Just jumper a wire from the battery (or a batt charger).

If it doesn't open, it's going to run really rough - unless it's really cold outside.