[DeTomaso] Webers anyone?

jgkrenton at comcast.net jgkrenton at comcast.net
Sun Mar 8 22:54:45 EDT 2009

Mike:

I think Doug saw the car several years (10+??) ago and talked to the ex-owner, we have his name on an old list but not the serial number of the car. I can't remember, but he may have come to Birch Bay once?? The guy who owned it died and I think the car was tied up in an estate issue for some time.  Then it ended up down in a Muscle Car sales place in South Center for a while and a friend of John (the guy who owns the machine shop/parts house) bought it. (Maybe 5 years ago?), I remember John called me one night and asked a bunch of questions about Panteras while his buddy was dealing for the car. I think it had the wing on the back too.

I've taken a couple of pokes at John to have the guy contact us, but so far, no luck.  John does stunning restorations on Jags and other English things, and since the car is now owned by his friend,  I suspect the car will be real nice once it gets back on the road.  John has a habit of buying up old stock stuff from bankrupt dealers etc..  He's called me now and then when he's discovered Pantera stuff.

There are other cars around the NW we've heard of but never seen.  I used to go to a doctor in Auburn and the woman who handled his office and all the appointments used to tell me her husband had a white Pantera, and I don't think we've ever seen that one. Then there is the blue one with the window in the deck lid (Don't know how they keep that one cool),  It showed up for sale years ago and then disappeared...  Bargelt's (sp??) GTS is still out there too.  He died and I think his son has the car but we've never seen it since his death.  I don't know what happened to his Cobra.....

Jeff/2467