[DeTomaso] ZF for sale

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Mar 4 15:59:56 EST 2009

In a message dated 3/4/09 10 52 11, dyogi at hawaii.rr.com writes:

> Looks like a ZF out of a Mangusta.  My old goose's ZF looked like this with
> the same trans mounting "ears" on the top which mounted to a crossmember

The Mangusta used the standard GT40 mounting scheme, including all the
bolt-on hard parts such as the plate on the top.

This gearbox has the external shifter, which identifies it (probably) as a
first-generation 5DS/25 gearbox, i.e. GT40.   Reportedly the first few Mangustas
also had this type of shifter, but I've never seen one.