[DeTomaso] Difference between an aluminum radiator and one that is black

ParaPantera at aol.com ParaPantera at aol.com
Tue Jun 23 23:58:30 EDT 2009

Mark,

  Have I personally done a study?, no.  But it does take me back  to my
Motocross days when bikes were air cooled.  Those who chose to glass  bead
their cylinder heads to look nice were often met with engine  seizures.  It was
later discovered that the engines were painted black for  a reason.  The
same way a black car absorbs heat from an external source  (the sun) it allows
heat to dissipate from an internal source (like a  radiator).  With that
theory a black radiator should run cooler than a bare  one.

Ron

_http://home.comcast.net/~parapantera_
(http://home.comcast.net/~parapantera)

In a message dated 6/23/2009 5:13:04 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,