[DeTomaso] Fw:  Rear Wheel house rust repair advice needed ..

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Jun 22 17:17:54 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/22/09 9 58 55, larry at ohiotimecorp.com writes:

> It is a small hand hydraulic pump with a hose leading to different kinds
> of
> pistons. Some can pull and some can push. In body work they are used to
> push
> out dents. The bigger ones can pull a frame back in line.
>
> A good tool to have.
>
> http://www.toolsusa.com/asp/search.asp?PAGLEN=20&SKW=PORTO&GENB=pop&
> SRC=Menu
> &ORDER=POPULAR&UID=&s_kwcid=TC|6007|porta%20power||S|p|2755055359

Right.   In the case of the story I mentioned, the car was raised up on
sturdy wooden supports and chained to the floor.   One end of the Porta Power
was chained to the floor and the other end was attached to the mashed frame
of the car.   By carefully pulling, then releasing tension, he was able to
pull the inner wheelhouse back into shape.