[DeTomaso] Reno fun rally

Fastgrandma at aol.com Fastgrandma at aol.com
Thu Jun 18 19:36:44 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/16/09 2:19:03 PM, theemonkey at yahoo.com writes:

> The weather was milder 80 degrees or so

I didn't comment earlier on that comment only because I hadn't actually
checked what the temps had been. But after being in the area for 8 years now, I
didn't think we had any 80 degree weather during the Rally.   I just
checked now and the highest we had was 75 and do remember, when they measure that
high, it could only be for maybe 5 minutes, but its still counted as the
high.   It was mostly 70 with one day low of 67.

As someone commented earlier at board level, we normally are in the 80's
during the month of June and the later it gets, the hotter it is.

Okay, to my point; I just came inside after a brief time outside (maybe 30
minutes) and I was wringing wet.   I was not doing anything strenuous,
simply putting two more tomato plants in the garden and putting the cages over
them.   Wasn't even moving fast (I've learned).   Checked when coming inside
and it was only 83 outside.

As Jack and I found out very quickly, when one is at a higher altitude
(4700' at our house) it feels a whole lot hotter than when at sea level, so this
is a factor that should be seriously considered for any event in our area.

Judy