[DeTomaso] headlight rings/brakes

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Jun 17 17:58:44 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/17/09 10:14:42 AM, guson at home.se writes:

> http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg471/bobc0/webpageimages/revhbrak1.jpg The black part is the caliper body, the slots in the body slide along the
> rolled in edges of the bent piece of iron(?) as the pads wear. It's
> basically a floating caliper with a simplified sliding mount.

FWIW, thats the same go-kart caliper I used. I added two separate
slider-plates for each side of each caliper, screwed to a more simplified bracket. In
mine, the caliper is positioned so the stock cable comes in from the top
past the upright, and a twisted steel block bolted to the upright webbing
holds the e-brake cable jacket. The Wilwood lever is a hardened steel piece, so
to work with the unaltered Pantera cable's pinned-clevis end, I modified the
drilled Wilwood lever into a hook and added a light coil spring around the
cable as a retainer to keep the clevis from popping out of the hook-lever.
The spring is located on each end with slotted Ford drum-brake washers;
without the washers, I found the springs would mislocate themselves. In
retrospect, cutting the rivited pin out of the cable-clevis and substituting a small
hardened bolt, locknut and stand-off would have been less complicated.
Marino's commercial adaption (still available, incidently!) is a bolt-on; my
development units were far from it! I promise- I'll go take some photos, Ken- J
Deryke