[DeTomaso] headlight rings/brakes

Espen Graffer espeng at getmail.no
Wed Jun 17 17:54:16 EDT 2009

I bet you are talking about the caliper from Hi-Spec, the same unit Goran is
putting on the Peder Pantera.
It's hydraulic actuation though.

http://www.hispecbrake.co.uk/

espen in norway

-------------
In a message dated 6/17/09 9 29 37, guson at home.se writes:

> I don't know where I read it first but I found the website in your old
> post: http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=562_588&
> products_id=11370
>
> I assume that the same principle would be applicable to just about any 4
> piston caliper. Were the new ones you saw similar?

Not at all.   These UK calipers are actually just standard Wilwood units
that are modified in the UK, and the cable mechanically pulls on the brake
pads.   I don't know how well it works.   The ones I just saw are much more
professional; I believe the whole mechanism is internal, and the cable
(which
enters the back side of the caliper) actuates a piston which then uses the
brake hydraulics to compress the pistons?

I'll get more info!