[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 59, Issue 17-Cleveland Reswap

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Jun 17 17:32:44 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/17/09 10:14:27 AM, RCBSONS1 at aol.com writes:

> I looked at the Pizza Car and also talked to Dick Gulstand a few years
> back at Coranado....

'Pizza-Pete' Braillier, owner of Round Table Pizza was a member of Nor-Cal
Panteras and sponsored our meetings in Menlo Park CA for a while, until
Nor-Cal decided to move the monthly gatherings to Sunnyvale in late '80. First
dry-sump Pantera I ever saw. Pete also had a big-block 'Vette roadster he
raced, and he said I was the only one that ever noticed it had a Pantera
headrest pad (from the converted Pantera racer) on the driver's door to help brace
the driver's side in right turns. Al Leist did a great deal of work on
Pete's car when it was actively competing, and Al stored it at his Menlo Park
shop for decades. Before your time, Bob, but Diane Dean remembers him well.
FWIW- J Deryke.