[DeTomaso] Chevy in & out of Panteras or Engine Psychology Today

Jerry R Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Wed Jun 17 11:13:27 EDT 2009

Guess I will have to jump in here.

One of my completed projects is a 93 Mazda Rx7 with a mildly modified LS1
engine.  It aggravates the corvette owners because it is 500 lbs. lighter
and has a 50 -50 weight balance, and it infuriates the Mazda people ( twice
almost to the point of punching me out ) because it is easier to maintain,
100 lbs. lighter, 75 hp more,  120 ft lbs of torque more and gets 27 mpg in
6th gear and I have utterly destroyed a iconic Mazda.  It also needs a paint
job so it is a very successful sleeper.

Just my 2 cents,
jerry knotts
4074