[DeTomaso] 12 cylinder Pantera

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Tue Jun 16 08:53:18 EDT 2009

Agreed!
The Countach replika builder is now working at Koenigsegg, no wonder
he managed to get a car together.

Myself I have a few car project going, and money is the overwhelming
limit factor for getting things together. I must have money or else
I cant work, its that easy.

I did finisched my car in 1990, as an original GT5. New floor as part
of a big rust job. I did I within one year full time labour, 2000 hr.
Okay, that’s 2000hr times 750:- = 1500000:- or $ 180000!!! No parts
payed for.

As we seen here by the discussion, one year MUST be a fast way for doing
this sort of work on ONE man. Since thre is cars that NEWER get
finisched.

The autorised Ferrari shop charges DOUBBLE the sellery for their work!
$ 5000 for a clutch change on a Modena.

If paying legal tax $ 180000 = $ 65000.

A new Ferrari will become cheaper.
Goran

i totaly agree with you all,
but there is so many cars standing in some garages around the world wich

never get finished because "well... it did look easyer on the internet"
or
people dont understand the work involved to make a safe and professional

modifications, and give up after spendt a lot of money on parts, ect.
And
many really do start in the wrong end.
rusted car, but first we buy a big hp enginee ..and some nice sets of
wheels:)
Now iam thinking all kind of cars,
But then there is those people who REALLY do it and then its only to
applaude them:)

I like my cars to go faster and stop better than it did in 1972, but I
try
to keep it simple:)
We norvegians are grown up reading about all those swedish custom buildt

cars in the 80`s, and one i do remeber most was one contach replika with

porsche 928 engine and gear. the detail work was fantasic.

Best regards,

Jan Einar Krakevik
Director
JAN CAR FACTORY, UAB