[DeTomaso] Cam removal in car

Henrik Svensson hsv at traen.se
Tue Jun 16 08:47:18 EDT 2009

Hi Dan

I have not done this myself but the previous owner did it without even removing the oil pan. I found big parts of a broken thrust plate in the pan when I rebuild my engine.

Changing the cam with the engine in should not be a problem. My guess is that you can even get the old bearings out if you need that.

/Henrik (Rookie 351c builder)