[DeTomaso] 12 cylinder Pantera

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 02:46:38 EDT 2009

Knowing that some day I will have to rebuild or replace my 351 Cleveland I
am always thinking about interesting alternatives to push rod  based
engines. . I am not aware of  many  high horsepower engines with  DOHC and 4
valves per cylinder alternatives available to the Pantera. ( aside from the
Ford modular engines)  I don't think that I would ever actually attempt
starting  with a Mercedes Benz  (they are incredibly expensive to
obtain,  maintain
and is also  extremely complex .. I don't know if it could be squeezed in
but does anyone know of anyone ever attempting to install one of the 6 liter
12 cylinder Mercedes engines from the 600 sl ( that turn out around 620 hp )
into a Pantera?

Boyd