[DeTomaso] 12 cylinder Pantera

Torbjørn Harlem torbjorn.harlem at elverhoy.no
Tue Jun 16 04:20:30 EDT 2009

Hi.

I'll think you have to move the rear wheel backwards, because a 12 cylinder engine is much longer than a V8.

The angel of the drive shaft most be so straight ( 90 degree at the transaxle)as possible because otherwise the axl`s will be rapidly worn out.

An other option is to use some other transaxle that is "shorter" like some of the Audi cars have.

The third option must be the Lambo way.
Engine mounted across the engine bay.
Very few gearboxes to choose from. (That can stand against torque and amount of HP from the engine.)  And a big rebuilt session to.

If you want a modern V8 you have to look at BMW, Audi, Merc, Porsche, and the newest Ford have to offer ( Chevy ( Good forbid) is no option in my eyes)

An if you search it's possible to find even more engines with specs that will " play at 500 +++ hp"

  Just some thoughts

Torbjorn # 2215

(Sorry for my spelling)