[DeTomaso] Busted Big, but Reno anyway?

Dan Courtney Pacbell dfcex at pacbell.net
Sun Jun 14 06:24:31 EDT 2009

I've been on the road and am just now catching up on these posts.
The engine builder recommended either Shell Rotella or Valvoline VR (racing), and I went with the Valvoline.
The builder is telling me I probably didn't break in the new cam correctly, and maybe I didn't. The neighbors were calling before I completed 20 minutes at 2,500 rpms.
#2 plug was fouled when I checked it in Vegas, after 300 miles, and also back in San Diego, so it appears #2 may never have been firing and I suppose the lobe may have come off right away.
I plan to yank the motor this week and I should know more once it's apart.
The good news is I made it to Reno.
Flew into SF Friday night, saw Ted Lincecum beat the A's, and then drove to Reno.
The car show was a success with 63 beautiful Panteras, the awards banqest was great with a good story from Jason Eaton about his experience on the Bullrun TV show and both the participants and the spectatiors raved about this track.
It looks like the Reno Rally was a winner.

Dan Courtney