[DeTomaso] More time to plan

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Jun 8 12:51:17 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/7/09 7:41:00 PM, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> The difficulty is the valves are canted, not all in the same plane, so
> it's a multiple angle set up they have to do twice.  Last time I priced it
> was about $300 per head....

That's using a multi-angle milling machine- the traditional method. The
cheap way is to buy a $100 cutter from Iskenderien or others that chucks up in
a 1/2" hand drill, and do it CAREFULLY in your garage. The job is then
tedious and you must measure carefully and often, but its not impossible to get
good results. In fact, some shops use this cutter regardless of what prices
they charge. Good luck- J Deryke