[DeTomaso] More time to plan

Jim Hendrickson chendric at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 8 13:57:29 EDT 2009

Youse guys need to buy a Looj.

http://store.irobot.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=3334470&cp=2804605&ab=
CMS_IRBT_StoreHome_043009_cleangutters

-----Original Message-----
From: detomaso-bounces at realbig.com [mailto:detomaso-bounces at realbig.com] On
Behalf Of MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sent: Sunday, June 07, 2009 10:18 PM
To: boyd411 at gmail.com; detomaso at realbig.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] More time to plan

In a message dated 6/7/09 8 01 12, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> I fell off of my roof while cleaning the leaves out of the gutters on
> thursday evening. I was trying to get back from the roof to the ladder
> when
> the ladder collapsed. I wound up with a broken Tibea and I an lucky I
> didn't
> break my neck or back.
>
>>>Indeed!   I for one am very glad to hear that your injuries aren't more
serious--for they easily could have been.

A pilot in my squadron had to fly back to his parent's house in Tennessee a
couple of months ago, because his father was cleaning the leaves out of the
gutters, and fell off the ladder and wound up in the hospital.   So, my
buddy flew home, and started taking on the job himself, and HE fell off the
same ladder, shattered his elbow, broke ribs, punctured a lung, was in the
hospital for awhile, had to have major reconstructive surgery, and will now
have
limited mobility in his arm, and as a result, he will never be allowed to
fly an airplane again. :<(

Moral of the story--just let the damn water fall where it wants to! :>)

> >Trying to remain the eternal
> optomist I am lucky not to be dead or crippled with a broken neck or back.
>
>>>Exactly right.   And like I said, I'm glad to hear it!

> Now I have more time to put into the car.  And on that subject I am
> looking
> for opinions on roller rockers ann the advantages or disadvantages of
> going
> with an electrical fuel pump with a carb. Is there an advantage  over a
> simple mechanical fuel pump ?
>
>>>Others will weigh in on the advantages of roller rockers.   With respect
to an electric fuel pump, I would offer that there is no real advantage on
a car with a simple carburetor, and they come with several disadvantages,
including annoying noise (most of them are VERY loud), and potential for
failure due to electrical issues.

If your engine can use a mechanical pump (some can't for various reasons,
including fuel injected engines), then I'd stick with it.

It ain't broke, don't fix it.

Cheers!

Mike

An Excellent Credit Score is 750. See Yours in Just 2 Easy
Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377042x1201454362/aol?redir=htt
p://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&
bcd=JuneExcfooterNO62)