[DeTomaso] More time to plan

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 11:00:40 EDT 2009

I fell off of my roof while cleaning the leaves out of the gutters on
thursday evening. I was trying to get back from the roof to the ladder when
the ladder collapsed. I wound up with a broken Tibea and I an lucky I didn't
break my neck or back. So now all my plans for the next two months need to
be reevaluated and any driving events ai was hoping to attend are probably
going to be misseed. I had hoped to attend at least one of the Pocano events
and either Lime Rock or Watkins Glen or both. I will be lucky to make it to
Fraggle rock and a Glen Cambell revival. Trying to remain the eternal
optomist I am lucky not to be dead or crippled with a broken neck or back.
Now I have more time to put into the car.  And on that subject I am looking
for opinions on roller rockers ann the advantages or disadvantages of going
with an electrical fuel pump with a carb. Is there an advantage  over a
simple mechanical fuel pump ?   I assume I would  need a fuel regulator and
a return line too.   I have also been thinking about going with oversize
brakes to install when I put on bigger wheels  ( either 17 " front and 18 "
back or 18" al around) I have read mixed opinions about 6 pistons calipers
vs 4 piston. Any opinions on specefic setups or dos and don'ts woul