[DeTomaso] Passenger Outside Mirror

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Jun 1 15:18:36 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/1/09 9:54:59 AM, MZadony at fleetresponse.com writes:

> Can I just buy two #0-1032 Wellnuts some where ?

Probably, but I advise pulling the door panel and installing real locking
nuts with BIG washers or a drilled back-up strip of metal inside the door.
This is not easy because there are quarter window braces etc up in the door in
the same area. But with Well-nuts or pop-rivit-nuts (which take a special
riviting-device), you will always have lots of leverage on the mirror studs,
causing loosening in the very thin sheet metal of the doorskins. Adding more
Well-nuts that didn't work before, likely will only temporarily fix the
issue. The last resort is to change mirrors to another type that mount
differently. Good luck- J Deryke