[DeTomaso] Oil Gauge Reading

Scott Couchman scottcouchman at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 27 09:18:49 EDT 2009

Sean, if you have a stock gauge, the likely source of your problem is in the
gauge. You don't need a new sending unit or a new gauge, you probably just
need to clean the gauge. Corrosion develops inside or outside of the case on
the gauge and it throws the grounding electrical circuit off. If you take the
back of the gauge case off and carefully clean all the points where the
ground attaches to the case, the gauge will start to work normally. SOBill
has researched this and fixed one of my gauges this way and I've successfully
fixed others. This is something you can do yourself for free. If you need
more help, send me an email and I can probably find some photos that will
help. Scott