[DeTomaso] original block question

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Wed Jul 22 10:56:30 EDT 2009

I have a new motor in my Pantera, and was told I should keep the old one in case someone ever wants to buy the car and have the original motor included in the sale (for increased resale value).

1) Is this a good idea, or because Panteras are so often modified anyway, is it a moot point?

2) If it is a good idea to keep the original, can I sell all the parts except the block and be OK, or are there other engine parts I need to keep so it will still be classified as "the original engine?"

Thanks,

Chris