[DeTomaso] Stalling

Erik Anderson eanderson at geotracinternational.com
Fri Jul 17 21:44:58 EDT 2009

As I continue on my tour of the Okanagan Valley (aka Canadian wine country), I am finding more and more curvey roads and more and more reasons to test the limits of my cat.

She's running great: power is always there and I haven't wanted for more traction or cornering ability; however, I have noticed a few times that as I came to an intersection or stop sign, the car would stall.

Now, I'll admit that these stops usually come suddenly: I was hard on the brakes and gearing down into 2nd (it isn't often I get past 3rd gear on these winding roads) before depressing the clutch around 1500-2000 RPMs. This is when she'd stall.

I wonder if the fuel in my float bowls is sloshing around, suffocating the carb? Is the fuel pump not keeping up (and starving the fuel supply)?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
EA