[DeTomaso] Heater blower motor

Larry Weston lplugw at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 13 07:57:36 EDT 2009

Gentle People,
My heater blower motor has been acting funny, sometimes requiring I stick my finger into the opening to give the squirrel cage a little spin to get her going.
It finally quit completely Friday. I would guess the brushes are gone or hanging up.
Are the motors rebuildable?  If not, does anyone have a spare? (my car-74L #7102)
How much fun are they to get out from under the dash? Doesn't look too bad. How do the blower outlets tie into the heater box? Anything special to watch out for so I don't snap off some piece of plastic somewhere?
Thanks in advance,
Larry.