[DeTomaso] Another brake question.

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Jul 13 00:33:13 EDT 2009

In a message dated 7/12/09 15 02 47, pantdino at aol.com writes:

> the master is a replacement-- a GM part I believe with?a black steel
> adapter (I'm out of the country now and can't check)
>
>>>That sounds quite likely.
>
> So 4 rear calipers will have twice the drag of 4,no?? Or does it really
> give better braking, and I should leave it like it is?
>

>>>When you say 'drag', are you talking about actual braking performance,
or are you talking about drag when you're not on the brakes?   I say that as
long as the calipers are functioning, the drag when you're not on the brakes
is insignificant.

Stock calipers weigh a ton.   If I was going to do something to change my
rear braking situation, it would be to replace the caliper with a more
capable caliper, versus just doubling up on the stock calipers.