[DeTomaso] New DB Starter broke before it even got used.

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun Jul 12 12:01:08 EDT 2009

I picked up some longer studs for the replacement starter yesterday and
promptly installed them.  I then got the starter in and began hooking up
wires.  As I was tightening the positive battery cable, the stud broke
right off before I even had any torque on it.  So now, I'm left with a
brand new starter and a stud on the solenoid that is too short to use.

I purchased it from DB quite a few months ago so I no longer fall under
their return policy.  Checking their web site, I don't see any
replacement solenoids either.  What to do, what to do.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA