[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 60, Issue 7-Exhaust Bolts

mikeldrew at aol.com mikeldrew at aol.com
Tue Jul 7 17:50:08 EDT 2009

For some reason, no one commented on my comments regarding the number
of exhaust "failures" at Fernely.  That one straight coming out of the
"carousel-ish" turn was quite bumpy on line.

>>>I can't tell where my system got whanged; I don't think it was on
the back straight.  I think it was either at the bottom of the
carousel, or the turn at the end of the back straight.  That was a
fast, fast corner, with a big bump at the exit IF you took the corner
just right--which I did sometimes. :>)

> From what I saw (ask Mike or Bob) there were several cars dragging
mufflers. (I think I counted 5ive)

>>>I found my left side busted when I teched my car before the event,
fixed it, busted it on the first day on the track, fixed it the next
morning, busted it again that afternoon!

Now I've got proper graphite flat gaskets waiting to be installed
together and that, coupled with stiffer springs/shocks, should
hopefully take care of it. :>)