[DeTomaso] Looking for parts

Dave McManus dave at damardirect.com
Tue Jul 7 08:54:05 EDT 2009

William, help me out here. This was a couple of years ago. As I remember,
the rear of the car was up on stands, as I tightened the three exhaust
bolts, the tail pipe tips moved and would not stay centered within the body
opening. William noticed the half shaft slightly touching the exhaust pipe
because the suspension was dropped or w/o load. Using the floor jack, we
raised the A arm, moving the half shaft off of the exhaust pipe. The exhaust
tips lined up perfectly without a fight, thanks to William's insight.

I also used exhaust cement, NAPA, around the donuts. Exhaust has remained
tight. It used to get loose at least once a year.

I hope this makes some sense.
IndyDave