[DeTomaso] Fw: Questions on the Rick Moseley relay kit

Doug Braun doug at silicondesigns.com
Thu Jul 2 12:00:44 EDT 2009

Mike,

	Thanks for the diagram.  I see how your's & Rick's fan circuit works now.
It uses 2 new fan fuses in an auxiliary panel the same as I suggested but
feeds power to those fuses via an additional relay so the circuit will turn
off with the key.  This setup is more complicated than my "off with the key"
version I wrote about yesterday by requiring an additional fan circuit relay
but achieves the same functionality.  It boils down to which is easier,
adding another relay near the auxiliary fuse panel or running an 18 AWG wire
from the fuse panel area to the existing fan relays located near the
radiator and changing out the stock 3-terminal relays to the 4-terminal
type.  If one chooses my method, they need to protect the wire from the
elements as it passes by the fender well.  I recommend using the smallest
convoluted plastic tubing as protection.  Concours purists would rewrap the
new wire in the stock harness to make it look like a factory wire.

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505