[DeTomaso] DB starter direct link?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jul 1 23:33:34 EDT 2009

Okay guys,

I'm parts-chasing in preparation for the tech session for Lori Albino at my
house in two weeks.   Their car has a really sorry stock starter.

About a billion of you have purchased new starters for your Panteras from
DB Starter, and many have reported getting a better price than $49.95.

I've searched their website and this seems to be the only applicable
listing:

http://tinyurl.com/nozu5a

Can you confirm that this is the right one?

Also, longer studs are needed because the flange is thicker.   Looking at
the factory parts book, I see what appears to be a double-ended stud listed
on page 17 with the Dash-2 bellhousing pieces (part #60, lower right corner),
with the description:   M10 x 1.5 x 60.   Can you confirm how this
particular thing works?   Does the stud have two M10 ends and thread into the
bellhousing from the starter side, or from the gearbox side, or what?   And where,
pray tell, does one find a longer such stud?   Methinks they may be rather
thin on the shelves at Home Depot!

Thanks!