[DeTomaso] AAA Support ( Re: Another Hagerty plug)

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Thu Jan 29 14:30:33 EST 2009

I have always had great luck with AAA in our area.  My last breakdown
(the ZX2) was a fantastic experience.  The business that got the call
-from- AAA called me right away to tell me they got the call and gave
me an estimate.  about five minutes prior to arrival, they called
again to tell me I was next and the rig should arrive shortly.  They
called later to verify the rig arrived.  Later, AAA called me back to
make sure I had been taken care of.

The tow service got a $20 tip from me that night.  After all, they did
most of the work, not AAA.  I felt so good from the service they gave
me, I felt they deserved a little more than what AAA was probably
going to pay them.

The only time I had to have the Pantera towed, I didn't even think of
Hagerty to start with, I just whipped out the AAA card and called.  I
asked specifically for a flatbed, they complied without complaint.
The rig arrived, and they guy was a car guy so he knew how to take
care of a classic.  He was so good at operating the rig, he put the
Pantera right into it's spot in the garage.

In another case, the Mach I broke down just as I arrived to work, 32
miles from home.  I called AAA, they picked it up, drove it all the
way back to my house and dropped it off with no damage, all without me
even being at the car.

But of course... Your Mileage May Vary
:)

Asa Jay