[DeTomaso] dumb question

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 23 13:55:56 EST 2009

With the increasing popularity of HDPE track events many insurance companies now have total track exclusions. In fact Grundy go as far as to not insure your car if you park it in the paddock at one of these events even if you are not competing!

One of my primary reasons for maintaining my coverage through American Hobbyist is because their exclusion is written as "competitive racing and timed events", so non competitive/non timed HDPE events and the POCA groups B/C are covered.

To fill the 'gap' left by insurance companies you can get track day/event insurance through a scheme underwritten by Lockton Risk Services. It covers physical damage and you can purchase as much or little cover as you feel comfortable with; details can be found at MotorsportReg.com through this link;

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/hpdeinsurance

Julian

Is there a way to get "track insurance" In other words If some one comes toReno and wraps their car around a tumble weed is there a way to get coveragefor a day of track driving. If you are not actually racing against othercars is that still considered a "speed competition"? I have wrecked enoughcars and I would love to dive on the track but I would hate to eat the costof a totaled Pantera. BoydP.S. To Dawg Please don't suggest I grow some balls. I have balls but mywallet is a little light lately. ;<)