[DeTomaso] NPC- New Computer and Problems

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 20:02:51 EST 2009

I am using Adobe Premiere Pro, I have been in the business for 25 years and
am retiring my AVID Media Composer system which was Mac based and cost
45,000 several years ago, today I might get 500.00 for it.  I bought a Mac,
kept it 2 days and returned it, No Thanks, too many interruptions,
permissions, and if you want to use it in the field and don't have an
internet connection, you're screwed.  In my markets, 99% of the Network
stations are using Premiere as well.
My new PC based system is much more robust than I stated, it's dual quads /
Q9850s , overclocked, water cooling, 4TB hard, 8 GB Ram, operates at 3.66,
very happy so far.

The only reason that virus issues are not a concern is because there are so
few Macs out there, nobody bothers to write viruses for them, with
protection, I've been lucky, personally I think people who create worms,
etc. should be jailed if not worse.

I come across lots of Mac people who blow into town on productions and like
you they all like them, I like mine when it was simpler.
The system that i have now exceeded the prices that you stated with
software, but as they say, esp in this business, you gotta spend it to make
it.

Guess the new 335-35-17's will wait another couple of months since they
don't generate revenue, just glorious blue smoke.

Michael in Savannah