[DeTomaso] NPC- New Computer and Problems

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 19:51:41 EST 2009

If you are serious about using your computer for media purposes you should
be using a MAC. Virtually  all media  professionals ( photo , video) use the
mac 8 core. It has two 4 core xenon processors and blows the doors off of
ANY windows based system on the market. In addition you can use it to run
windows via  Parallel desk top ( a windows emulation utility) that allows
you to run your windows  operating system ( xp, Vista) and Macs Leopard at
the same time or you can run a multiple boot set up where you can start and
run windows or lepoard, or even Linux independently. As a platform for a
windows operating system it beats the fastest dedicated windows PC on all
the benchmarks. The other plus is that when you surf the net on a MAC you
have no virus, or malware issues to contend with. The downside ( there
always is one) is the cost. A top shelf machine starts at over $3000 and can
easily reach $10k if you max it out. A mac 8 core is the defacto standard
for running final cut pro which is the video editing suite used by most
proffesional video editors.
Boyd