[DeTomaso] Stock Rod Bolts

Thomas Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Sun Jan 18 14:38:15 EST 2009

Will, that's good to hear. And yeah Charles, I can feel myself sliding down the slope and gaining momentum. My motor was totally gone through three years ago by the previous owner and then sat...less than 25 miles driving time (not broken in yet). It's a 72 open chamber motor, Cobra Jet with 4 bolt main with Edelbrock F351 4v intake, headers.  Bored .030 over, forged flatop pistons, balanced, new cam a bit hotter than stock, new lifters, bearings. The heads are stock with an Edelbrock F351 4V intake and the Edelbrock 650 spreadbore with vacuum secondarys.

I just couldn't resist closed chamber heads and now one thing is leading to another. I'm probably going to put a slightly hotter cam than whats there now 498 int/518 exh. I'd like to go to 550-600 lift? and for sure SS one piece valves, new springs, retainers, keepers and will probably clean up the casting flash just under the valves and polish the exhaust ports and roller rockers. I can't really justfy stroking, etc. Just not in my budget right now. I'm also waiting for Dan Jones tests on intake manifolds. But since I'm this far into the motor I don't want to leave a blatant weak link....like the stock valves or rod bolts if thats the case. Thanks for the comments.

Tom Borcich