[DeTomaso] George Peloquin & PUR GOLD

MACHWIL at aol.com MACHWIL at aol.com
Sat Jan 17 14:18:49 EST 2009

After Georges death (one year ago today ironically) his son and executor,
consigned the car to PI to be sold.
It was advertised at $125,000 I recall, the thought being that UK and  Europe
may present an opportunity. It was sold to a local buyer (I know not who)
and Georges son Russ and family were pleased at the outcome. The project  car
was sold also. Again details are none of my business. Now I have been  informed
that the project car is on it's way to being completed by the new  owner(s).

There are some mis-conceptions about George and his car(s). When I met him
in 1983 he had 4 Panteras. PURGOLD was his driver, one was sold one was apart
and one was chopped. It was at the Fun Rally in '86 that we discovered we
shared  the same birthday, just different years. His girlfriend noticed the
similarity  of the rings we both wore. Doomed to be LEOS. He was the brother I never
 had.  George was not a people person, was hard headed, and very
opinionated. If you didn't like what he did with something, well, bless you, and  he went
his way.

He never had any visions of grandeur about his car . If you liked it,  great,
if not, see you later. He couldn't be accused of being "all show and  no go".
PURGOLD was fast and reliable.

Please don't cast aspersions at PURGOLD. It was his car, his dream and
unfortunately he never got to see it finished the one last time. He passed away
about 6 weeks before the completion date.

May he rest in peace.

Bud Williams (6556)

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)