[DeTomaso] Shock recommendations

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Mon Jan 12 02:21:45 EST 2009

The original springs are about the same proportional rate as the
weight distribution of the car. If we like to go up in spring rate
(or down) while keeping the corneering balance of the car, we
must keep this 60-40 balance. If for example 450-550 is used
we are having 55% rear stiffness. This gives less rear roll rate and
call for more rear swaybars for the same cornering balance.
We could also rise the rear spring rate for the same effect as adding
a heavier rear bar.
So, what happen if altering the spring balance and compensating
with swaybars for the same cornering balance? This is that we get
another balance in pitch. This affect starting vs braking behaviour.
Or should I say all pitch roll events.
Goran

We shouldnt over dramatice these things, just be awhare of what it is
about.