[DeTomaso] Carbon Fiber Brake discs!!!

michael at michaelshortt.com michael at michaelshortt.com
Mon Jan 5 09:15:38 EST 2009

Carbon Fiber brakes on the street would be about the dumbest thing that you
could put on your car, both the rotor and the pads in F1 are CF, they cost
about 50K per set and are used for one race.  They BEGIN working at 1,200
degrees and are capable, and in fact, perform better as they get hotter up
to 3,000 degrees.
Regular High Performance pads start at 250 degrees and go up to 900 degrees
( beyond RED HOT ).

Many manufacturers make silly ass claims and these are probably one of those
with some carbon content in the pads composite mix.

There ain't no such thing as cheap go fast tricks ( Rule #1 ) and Rule #2 is
even more true, there ain't no cheap tricks to slowly down fast either.  (
Wall, Trees and other cars do not count, while cheap, the net result is
really expensive.

Michael in Savannah