[DeTomaso] External Oil Line

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Jan 4 03:26:16 EST 2009

In a message dated 1/3/09 7:45:49 PM, wkooiman at earthlink.net writes:

> Yeah, I know, we debate this to death.  It looks like the network54 guys do
> too.

Drag racing needs are very different than running an engine near maximum for
minutes at a time in a track event, or 30-or-so minutes in an ORR. Or running
an engine at somewhat less than max for decades.... I've had various engines
with stock external oil lines and the lines ARE failure-prone: vibration cracks
fittings, heat expands things so the lines touch headers and melt, the list
goes on and the result is always a fragged engine.
FWIW, its possible to add oil restrictors to a Windsor engine wrong, too. If
the front main restrictor is sunk in a tad too far, it restricts too much of
the oil going to the front main and #1 & 2 rods. One club   member has a fine
collection of blown Carillo rods he lost to this little mistake. Good luck- J
Deryke