[DeTomaso] Fw: Fw:  Fw:  Fw:  Tapered Bearing problems

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Thu Jan 1 18:39:39 EST 2009

" The axle threads will strip around
 1200 ft-lbs, so don't worry much about breaking things.... "
Thats more like it! Remember my argue a year ago when
some "mystery" man claimed treads to be cleaned at my
used 700ft?
By the way, where did you get the 1200  number?

Tapered bearing
 torque specs are varied: I use 6-8 ft-lbs since they're exactly like front
wheel
 bearings except larger in dia. Over-torquing them causes quick failure
while
 Cheers- J Deryke
In my application there is a shimmed distancer for correct bearing play,
so Tq does not really affect bearing play.
Goran