[DeTomaso] Cam change and Vacuum Advance distributor

Thomas Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Fri Feb 27 09:35:23 EST 2009

Gentlemen, I'm doing a cam change and still have the stock vacuum advance
distributor. Dan Jones suggested to change to Mallory Ingition Module. I was
curious, once you change the cam to higher performance specs as follows
should anything be done to the distributor advance since vacuum will change:

 228/232 degrees @ 0.050" lift (280/284 @ 0.006"),
0.588"/0.588" lift,

 107 LSA, 68 degrees overlap, installed in the engine on a 104 intake

 centerline.
Should I trash the stock distributor or have it recurved or leave it alone?

The slope now is completely covered with ice...I'm sliding faster than ever.

Best regards,

Tom Borcich