[DeTomaso] Thermostat longevity, air bleeding

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Feb 27 02:37:20 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/26/09 7:16:52 PM, claywillmott at hotmail.com writes:

> Any reason why I have to also take that apart and replace the thermostat if
> it all works fine?  I thought thermostats lasted a long long time??

FWIW, I personally get about a year out of a thermostat in a Cleveland
engine. Dunno why but after that long, the things start pulsating and my (accurate)
temp gauge shows +- 20 degrees of water temp when it should be stable.   The
thermostat still works but not properly, so I change it- along with the
antifreeze each Spring. Works for me-J Deryke