[DeTomaso] Glad my ears still work

Peter Kovacs peter-kovacs at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 19 23:58:39 EST 2009

Next story-1966 Porsche 911 in a the garage next to the hot water heater, cans of thinner and verathane under the cut out for the attic while I was inside sanding the floors for 3 hours. Smell something burning and unplug the sander. I opened the door to the garage and couldn't see anything through the smoke. As it started to clear, I could see the paint on the hood bubbling like boiling water. Evidently an electrical short at the battery ignited the wires and the carpet covering the fuel tank filling the car interior and garage with smoke. rolled it outside, opened the hood and put out the fire before the fire department got their. They subsequently water damaged the already smoke damaged car.

Peter (burnt the wick but no kaboom) Kovacs-   take the bait on that one, I dare ya
 20... fx