[DeTomaso] [SPAM]Re: Not Pantera related but interesting to persons with an opinion on Gun control

Robert Simpson R.Simpson35 at Verizon.net
Sun Feb 1 13:58:29 EST 2009

I honestly don't care if someone voices their personal opinion on topics
that are non Pantera related.  When I read "Not Pantera Related" in his
subject line, I assumed it would be a non Pantera related post.  Over the
years I have found that discussing religion or politics is quite possibly
the fastest way to turn a friend into a casual acquaintance, so I try not to
discuss either, I have chosen to break my own personal rule.

I think that many people here may have a stance on gun control that is quite
possibly, vastly different from most of the citizenry of Germany and of the
EU. Gun ownership is a right in this nation, just as free speech (Pre-free
speech zones)and due process, (pre 9-11) were a right.  Our founding fathers
left a land of tyranny and understood that firearms were the great equalizer
against a tyrannical government.  When exercised individually, the Right
provides for the security of one’s person, family and property.  When
exercised collectively, the Right insures that the People always possess the
means to free themselves from a despotic or tyrannical government. Our
second amendment has nothing to do with hunting, it has nothing to do with
sports, it has everything to do with the people's ability to defend
themselves from tyranny.  The first step of any tyrannical government is to
disarm the citizenry, pick a name, any name.  Pol-Pot, Mao, Stalin and of
course Adolph Hitler, the common denominator was the disarming of the
citizenry to ensure power over the people by using the false claim of safety
and protection.

How many millions of people would be alive today if they would have NEVER
surrendered their liberty, for a false sense of security.

— Benjamin Franklin

Bob